I’ve recently learned about the ministry of Asian Access and would like to encourage you to join me in praying for them. You can learn about the ministry on their website. From its beginnings in Japan in the 1960s the ministry has grown tremendously in both depth and geographic outreach. Learn how you can get involved at https://www.asianaccess.org/engage
From their website:
“To see a vibrant community of servant leaders with vision, character and competence leading the church across Asia.”
“To identify, develop and release emerging kingdom leaders to unite the church, multiply leaders and congregations, and extend the transforming power of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.”
Here are a few specific links if you want to learn about Asian Access (aka A2):
- Asian Access: https://www.asianaccess.org
- About : https://www.asianaccess.org/about2
- Vision & Mission: https://www.asianaccess.org/about2/vision-and-mission
- Ministry Focus: https://www.asianaccess.org/ministry-focus
- Updates: https://www.asianaccess.org/latest/blogs
- Includes Asian Access’ blog, the president’s updates, and stories about A2 covered by Mission Network News.
- A2.business, our marketplace leader development ministry: https://asianaccess.biz
- Eastern Voices: video interviews with the authors from our book, Eastern Voices: https://easternvoices.org
- go2japan, about missionaries in Japan: https://go2japan.org/
Here are a few current prayer requests:
- As with most other non-profits (and probably churches) these days, Asian Access is experiencing a funding shortfall during this COVID-19 pandemic:
- Pray for God to provide for our leader development ministry to continue…
- But also pray for A2 to be good stewards—both creative in how to deliver ministry amidst the pandemic and wise about taking on new ministry opportunities.
- Pray for the Holy Spirit to equip leaders across Asia to deal wisely with the COVID-19 challenges they are experiencing. Pray that they would receive accurate information, especially where their governments may not be completely forthright in issuing public updates.
- Two-thirds of the countries in which Asian Access operates are experiencing Christian persecution on some level:
- Pray for leaders to be strong and courageous in the midst of severe opposition. Pray for the physical safety and spiritual protection of those leaders, as well as their families and church members.
- Pray for Asian Access to effectively come alongside of these persecuted leaders in helpful ways that encourage and don’t burden them.
- A2 is fielding requests from most other continents outside of Asia. Opportunities abound, but we need to be wise about where to expand and how fast, especially considering the current challenges. Pray we could sustain new growth and that we scale up at the right pace.