Please join me in praying for this ministry network in West Bengal. I “met” Paresh Chandra Holder on LinkedIn. Here is his testimony, description of this much needed ministry, and a list of prayer requests.
Transform East Alliance (TEA)
I was born and brought up in a traditional Bengali Hindu family. As a young man, I was living a miserable life and was seeking peace. On 20th July 1998, I heard about Jesus, when I was listening to a radio program. Matthew 11:28 touched my heart where Jesus calls people with heavy heart that he can give peace and rest. I felt rest when I responded to the call. I began to listen more about Jesus on radio. Also I was attending a local church in my area. The pastor of the church encouraged me to go for 6 months Discipleship training in Bihar. I attended discipleship training for six months in 2000. I understood that I am a sinner and I need forgiveness, which only Jesus can provide. According to Acts 4:12, I believed in Jesus and obeyed him in Baptism on 11th August 2002.
I did my Bachelor of Theology (B.Th.) from Allahabad Bible Seminary during 2002 to 2005. I was married in 2006. We began our ministry in Kolkatta area in 2007. We were involved in church planting, and ministry among children. We are blessed with two sons, 7 years and 4 years old.
We were introduced to Disciple Making and Church Planning through one of our mutual friend. We learned and implemented and found this strategy very fruitful. Our ministry grew and the Lord enlarged our territory and helped us form a network, Transform East Alliance (TEA).
Vision Statement: Every Bengali community worshiping, living in harmony, and financially thriving. TEA
Purpose/Mission: TEA networks ministries to train and resource for Disciple-making and sustainable community development among Bengali speaking unreached people groups of East India.
Why Network in West Bengal?
- West Bengal has 95 million people, and only less than 1% are followers of Christ.
- There are 27 million muslims in the state, 27% of the total population.
- There are more than 200 ministry organisations in West Bengal. Most of Kingdom work is focused on Hindu people groups and very less on Muslim people groups.
- WB has 656 unreached people groups. Only 64 people groups are being reached.
- Most evangelistic work is focused among non-Bengali speaking people groups. Bengali Speaking Hindu and Muslim people groups are least reached in the state.
- We understand that the task is so great that one ministry organisation can not complete it. Several ministries need to work together strategically.
- According to Psalm 133, our unity can turn into a movement.
- Since 2015, TEA has grown to partner with 23 ministry organisations. There are 250 house churches in 11 districts, upto December 2016.
- These organisations are working among 35 unreached Hindu and Muslim People Groups in 11 districts.
- Since 2015, we have trained 250 leaders and disciple-makers with Disciple Making and Church Planting strategy in 11 districts. Currently 95 leaders and disciple-makers are under training from 11 districts.
Numerical outcomes from January to June 2017
- Persons of Peace: 95
- New Groups: 95
- New House Churches: 86
- New Baptisms: 73
Plans for 2017
- Complete Training of 100 leaders and disciple-makers with Disciple / Church strategy.
- Train a group of 60 Master Trainers with Integrated Disciple Making Training.
- Train 50 leaders and disciple-makers with income generation strategy.
- Provide finances to 30 income generation projects for sustainability.
Please pray for
- Ongoing Training programs and needed resources.
- For TEA to grow in other districts and people groups.
- For maturity of leaders in the network.
For more information:
Paresh Chandra Halder
Facilitator, Transform East Alliance (TEA)
Kalikapur, Sonarpur, Kolkata – 700150, West Bengal
Skype: Transform East Alliance